Department of Pharmaceutics
Major areas of Research:
The major areas of research work broadly include Novel drug delivery and conventional drug delivery which are as follows:
- Advanced drug delivery systems
- Nanoparticulate drug targeting approaches
- Per Oral delivery systems – Buccal, Transdermal and topical drug delivery systems
- Novel multiparticulate delivery platforms
- Cell line studies for determining cytotoxicity and uptake of drugs and formulations
- Dissolution and diffusion testing of drugs and formulations
The department has experienced and highly qualified faculty who are actively collaborating with National and International Universities, Institutes and Pharmaceutical Companies. The department has received funds from various government and private organizations such as ICMR, DST, AICTE, HPTU and State Pharmacy Council. The department works towards improving the skills of PG students by involving them in training and taking up projects from reputed private Pharmaceutical Companies. Students are exposed to workshops and guest lecturers delivered by eminent personalities during their course.
List of Major Equipment:
Dissolution Rate Test apparatus, Conical percolators, Hot Air oven, Centrifuges, Mixers, Mortar and Pestles, Tincture press, Hand grinding mill, Remi stirrers, Magnetic Stirrers, Filtration units, Andreason Pipettes, Viscometers, Stalagmometers, Tablet Compression machine, DT apparatus, Tablet Friability tester.
Preparation room, Computer Facility, Intercom facility, Refrigerator, Power supply with Electricity/Generator, Water supply, Drainage system, Gas supply, Proper cross ventilation, Fire-Extinguisher, Exhaust fan, First aid Kit etc.