Diploma in Pharmacy(D.Pharm)
Commencement of session: July- August
Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: Minimum qualification for admission to Diploma in Pharmacy part-I course — A pass in any of the following examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics.
- Intermediate examination in Science;
- The first year of the three-year degree course in Science,
- 10+2 examination (academic stream) in Science;
- Pre-degree examination;
- Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examination.
- Candidate must secure 35% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Provided that there shall be reservation of seats for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Govt. /State Govts./Union Territory Administrations as the case may be from time to time
The duration of the course shall be for 2 academic years with each academic year spread over a period of not less than one hundred and eighty working days in addition to 500 hours practical training spread over a period of not less than 3 months.
The various subjects and curriculum activities which will be covered over the course duration of 2 years is mentioned below:
- Pharmaceutics – I (Theory and Practical)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Theory and Practical)
- Pharmacognosy (Theory and Practical)
- Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology (Theory and Practical)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (Theory and Practical)
- Heath Education and Community Pharmacy (Theory)
- Pharmaceutics – II (Theory and Practical)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – II (Theory and Practical)
- Pharmacology and Toxicology (Theory and Practical)
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence (Theory)
- Drug Store and Business Management (Theory)
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy (Theory and Practical)
It is a confusing times for many a student when it comes to joining a course and the fear of whether they will be able to join the desired stream. We at Laureate Institute of Pharmacy understand this and are constantly adding easier and more accessible features through which we can make the process convenient for all of us who are involved.
Students can choose to apply online mode by logging into HPTSB Site (http://www.himtu.ac.in), where they need to fill the PAT entrance test (Applications are online in the month of March/April every year) and appear for test. Or through offline mode by filling the form (Application form) and submit the same in the institution office.
If you have doubts about any area we have not covered here, you can mail in your enquiry to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and the admission counsellors will call you and guide you through the whole process.